CENTER FOR COUNSELING & PSYCHOTHERAPY, LLC
Take the first step to resolving troubles and creating a happier life.
Mental Health Disorders and Their Symptoms
Symptoms of Depression
- Feeling sad, empty, hopeless or numb.
- Loss of interest in things you used to enjoy.
- Trouble making decisions.
- Feeling guilty or worthless.
- Thoughts of death or suicide.
Symptoms of Genralized Anxiety Disorder
- Problems with concentration.
- Physical symptoms, i.e; trembling, muscle soreness, headaches, problems with bowels or possibly shortness of breath.
Symptoms of Panic Disorder
- Racing or pounding heartbeat
- Chest pain or discomfort (often mistaken as a heart attack).
- Nausea or stomach discomfort
- Fear of losing control or going crazy
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
Symptoms of Domestic Violence
- Feelings of low self-worth
- Often experience or lived in abusive home
- Victim blames self - Abuser blames victim
- Questionable or poorly explained injuries
- Pysical complaints such as headache, fatigue, nerves, stomach problems, etc.
- Victim of one or more of these abuses; Physical, Financial, Verbal/Emotional, Sexual, Social and Psychological Abuse.
Symptoms of Sleep Disorders
- Sleepiness during waking hours
- Repeated waking during the night
- Problems returning to sleep once awake
Symptoms of Adjustment Disorder
Symptoms of Social Anxiety Disorder
- Avoidance of social situations
- Intense self-consciousness in social situations
- Physical symptoms such as blushing, sweating, trembling, or muscle tension
- Unreasonable fear of embarrassment
Symptoms of Impulse Control Disorder
- Inability of individual to control the impulse to engage in a certain behavior.
- Increase stress and tension
- After engaging in behavior feelings of pleasure, gratification or release
- May or may not experience feelings of regret, self-reproach or guilt after engaging in the behavior.
Symptoms of ADHD
- Jumps from one task to another
- Impulsive decision making
- Agitation, Frustration and anxiety
- Difficulty interacting with others